Enrol a Windows 10 device into Meraki Systems Manager
To enrol a Windows 10 device into Meraki Systems Manager:
- Log in to your Meraki Dashboard: https://dashboard.meraki.com/
- Make sure you have the right organisation and network selected.
- Select Systems Manager, Add Devices.
- Click on the Windows tile.
- Take a note of the network ID or custom enrolment string.
- On the device you want to add, open a web browser and head to https://m.meraki.com/
- Enter your network ID, or custom enrolment string and click on Register
- Download the Systems Manager Agent, and run it.
- Follow the steps to install it.
- Step two is to set up Windows to use the MDM, so click on "Open Workplace Settings".
- The browser will ask if you are sure - confirm.
- On the right, click on "Enrol only in device management"
- In the windows that pops up, enter an email address. Don't enter your real email address here, replace the last bit with ".local", so for example email@example.com becomes firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't enter your actual email address here, especially if you are already a Microsoft customer in any way.
- Click on next - it will say it cannot find your email address, which is what is supposed to happen.
- For the MDM server URL, copy this from the Meraki Dashboard on the add device page.
- When prompted, enter your custom enrolment string or network ID.
Enrol an Android device in Meraki Systems Manager
To enrol an Android device into Meraki Systems Manager: Log in to your Meraki dashboard (https://dashboard.meraki.com/ ) Make sure you are in the right organisation and the right network, then head to Systems Manager, Add Devices. This article ...
Connect Meraki Systems Manager to Google
Before you can enroll Android devices into Meraki Systems Manager, you need to connect your account with Google. Log in to your dashboard (https://dashboard.meraki.com) Navigate to the correct network. Select Systems Manager, and Add Devices. You'll ...
Connect Meraki Systems Manager to Apple
Before you can add Apple devices to Meraki Systems Manager, first you have to link Meraki with Apple by adding a certificate. To do this, follow these instructions. Log in to your Meraki dashboard (https://dashboard.meraki.com/ ) Select the right ...
How to erase data from a device using Meraki Systems Manager
Warning: if you follow this article you WILL permanently erase all data on the device. This action is irreversible. If you need to erase data from a device using Meraki Systems Manager - for example if the device is lost or stolen - then you can ...
Check your Windows device for predictive hard drive failures using SMART
S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology; often written as SMART) is a monitoring system included in computer hard disk drives (HDDs), solid-state drives (SSDs), and eMMC drives. Its primary function is to detect and report ...